Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy New Year and December's ALYoF Finish

Happy New Year ... 

I'm hoping 2015 will be a better year!!
Mr. QnQ is doing well...still no decision made about surgery.  
He did see the neurologist on the 29th, I stayed in the car as
I didn't want to spread my germs.
After 4 days in bed, I believe I am on the mend!!!

I really didn't think I was going to finish my December goal.
At noon today, I still had not started the quilting.
We had a few errands to run this afternoon,
I had a nap when I got home and didn't feel too bad...
at 11:00 it's a finish!!

 The wall hanging measures 34" x 44"
 I quilted it with stippling and added a few paw prints.
Mr QnQ's cousin opened a veterinary clinic this year...
I'll see if they would like it for the clinic.
I love how it turned out.
My goal is to get it in mail to send to Bird Brain Designs on Monday so it
can be included in the Road to California Quilt Show later this month.


Happy stitching!!

13 comments:

  1. So glad you're on the mend! Love the paw prints in the quilting. It's the perfect touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your quilt and the paw prints are just perfect for it!
    All the best for 2015!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darling finish! The paw print quilting lines are perfect. Hope 2015 brings better news on the health front.... be well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh you have the crud going around, I am so sorry. My hubby had it for about 3 weeks before he finally went to the doctor. Love your piece and the quilting. Great finish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry you have been ill and I am glad you are on the mend now. Your quilt and stitching is lovely as always. All the best to Hubby and Happy new year to you both from Down Under xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have several friends who love, love, love cats - what a great quilt! blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great big Happy New Year wishes to you.
    It is a shame you have not been well but I do hope you are bouncing back to good health now.
    That quilt has turned out looking great. Perfect for the show.
    Still no decision on Hubby yet? So I am guessing more doctor visits first.
    Best wishes to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous, Pauline. I love it! I have been sick for the last 3 days over here too. Will continue praying for your sweet hubby! Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pauline, your quilt is adorable. Your stitching is so beautiful. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The quilt is cute. Hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so adorable! Love the Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cute and I'm sure the clinic would love to have it. I'm glad you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love it and I love cats! My currant kitty is almost 10 years old. He is my best friend.
    Happy to hear hubby is doing o-kay. Blessings and prayers for the New Year. Sandra

    ReplyDelete