Thursday, November 14, 2013

For the Boys Blog Hop...Day 7


Today is my day to share projects made for 'boys'...
...the little boys and big boys in our lives.
If you are new to my blog  
I hope you like what I have to share 
and will come back for another visit.

If you are a regular follower...
thank you for coming back to visit again.

 Eight more creative bloggers are sharing their day with me  
...make sure you hop over and see what they have made
...cheer them on with a sweet comment.

November 14th

Thank you Mdm Samm and Amy for another fun blog hop.
Your hard work is greatly appreciated.
A big thank you to the sponsor of this blog hop
 Camelot Fabrics

I have a few quilty things to share with you today, 
all are easy and fast to make...
I hope you like them.

The first project is a donation quilt suitable for a sports enthusiast
and a pillow case.  
I made this quilt especially 'For the Boys' blog hop.
It is a quick and easy pattern...
cut, sewn, quilted and bound in a week.

I used a collection of sport prints from my stash
...soccer, baseball, football, basketball.
The background is Kona cotton...charcoal grey.
I quilted it with sports equipment and the quilting
 is looking much better than the first time I tried this pantograph.

 

 
The directions for a lap size 48" x 68" can be found HERE.
I called the pattern Cobblestone Path.

I am working on the the fabric requirements for 
quilts measuring 60" x 84" and for 72" x 84"
Follow me by GFC, email, Feedly or bloglovin
and you will not miss it...it will be posted on my blog.

A few years ago
I made a similar quilt using Fair and Square
by Amanda Jean.
I donated it to Margaret's Hope Chest.

Here are a few more quilts and things I've made...some for
big boys and some for little boys.
This is the second quilt I ever made...back in 2001.
It was a flimsy for a long time and finished it about 2005.
 It is still one of my favorite quilts...a quilt for my DH.
It is wonky log cabin blocks made with homespuns
and backed with flannel.  It's a cozy one!!
You can find the tutorial for the wonky log cabin block HERE.
DH's Wonky Log Cabin
This summer I made another chenille quilt, perfect for a little boy.
This is such a happy quilt.
Cowboy Chenille Blanket
...this panel quilt was a quick and easy project...

...and a quilt with puppy dogs, kitty cats and balloons
was a fun quilt I made for Quilts for Kids...
I used Henry Glass Happy Town fabric by Jacquelynne Steves
...this special quilted bear I made for my grandson.
He quilted the fabric and
I made it into a teddy bear and 
gave it to him at Christmas  2 years ago.
Kyler's Teddy Bear
and last...what little boy wouldn't like a crayon bag 
to express his creativity.
Thanks for visiting.
I hope you come back for another visit.

You can check out all the FOR THE BOYS
projects on

All Blog HOP Creations found HERE!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Happy stitching




53 comments:

  1. They are all just great projects for the boys!! I can see why the wonky quilt is a favorite of yours. Love the colors and it looks so inviting. Sew glad that you joined us! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful projects for boys and the new owner will be thrilled! I sew love making pillowcases to match. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been a very busy quilter! I really like the grey background fabric of your cobblestone path quilt. Of course, I love the chenille quilt too, and the wonky log cabin blocks are great. The teddy bear is adorable and the crayon holder is wonderful. Oh shoot! I just love them all. Thanks for sharing your talents and creations with us today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your quilts. The crayon bag is just great..never saw this idea before!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That charity quilt is gorgeous! Sew fun and bright. I love it! All your quilts are super sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all the things you have made but especially the boys quilt - all the bright colours make it looks so special.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great quilts. You have done a wonderful job in sewing for boys!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your quilts! I always enjoy a quilt that uses larger pieces of fabric so you can see the cute designs. Great job on all!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What wonderful quilts that will be precious to some sweet boy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful projects! I love the quilting you did on the first quilt too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful projects! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pauline your boy projects are just adorable! You are definitely the Quilt n Queen! Thanks for sharing all these great ideas...

    ReplyDelete
  13. What great projects! Love them all -- adore the new quilt and the bear! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good Morning now I do love this primary colour quilt and grey soooo darn perfect for our dirty boys lol
    you just know how to make our hearts smile…the crayon set perfect

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your quilt, I love grey and the combination with the bright colours is just perfect! Great idea for quilting motives, looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fantastic collection of projects!! I love the first quilt

    ReplyDelete
  17. Pauline you make the cutest things! I love the gray background...really shows off those prints. :) blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  18. All your quilts are so cute Pauline, thanks for the instructions to Cobblestone Path...I see one in my future.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love you quilt but especially love the bear and crayon bags!

    ReplyDelete
  20. They are all equally beautiful! Crayon bags, they are great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful quilt! I love it!
    Your other projects are also boy friendly! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm usually not a fan of grey, but, that grey made those blocks 'pop' on that quilt. Lovely! That panel of cowboys is darling. Lots of fun projects.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow! You have been a busy quilter! Such fun boy quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  24. WoW, but you have been busy! Great quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow! What a great quilt! I love the colors, especially with the gray background. We make quilts for a local women's shelter at our church each year--I bookmarked this pattern to use. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a fun "boys" quilt. Love all the fabrics that speak just to them!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Pauline all your quilts are wonderful! I love the quilting you did on the first quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Lots of wonderful boy projects here. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I am loving your Cobblestone Path quilt as I make/have made quite a few donation quilts over the years. Mind is springing to some novelty fabrics that I have in my stash but can't quite figure out how to combine them. I may have found the answer in your pattern or the other quilts you shared today. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Great photos! Thanks for sharing all the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wow! You have an entire "For the Boys" hop all on your own with sew many fabulous quilts and crayon totes. Each one fabulous. Thanks for hopping. Creative Stitching Bliss...

    ReplyDelete
  32. These are super duper boy projects. Love the crayon totes.

    ReplyDelete
  33. WOW , Pauline! All your projects are awesome--from the baby quilts to the one you made for your hubby. I have gotten a lot of ideas from them. Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  34. I LOVE your quilt! The quilting is so cute too! All your projects are warm and inviting and soooo cute.
    GREAT JOB!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hi Pauline.
    I love your quilts. They are great "boys" quilts.
    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  36. What a wonderful assortment of projects. Congratulations on being on of the picks of the day. Also, thanks for the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  37. I'm loving that quilt. Great pattern and neat colors. The background really makes the colors pop.

    ReplyDelete
  38. So many manly project ideas...very cool! I love the simplicity of that first pattern and how you made it look fabulous. :O)

    ReplyDelete
  39. Fantastic quilt! I need to get a clothesline for my pics! Great job!+

    ReplyDelete
  40. Love all your quilts,but the first one is my favorite! Thanks for sharing your boy projects with us.

    ReplyDelete
  41. I love your quilt. The colors are fantastic and really stand out and very cheerful. I also like the wonky log cabin quilt. I need to make one for my 19 year old grandson. He wants one big enough to cover his feet. LOL Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Love the colours on your first quilt. Bless you for donating such a beautiful gift.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Great quilts. I'm all about simple quilts I can finish fast. Great projects shared.

    ReplyDelete
  44. Wow. Where do I start. There are so many wonderful projects here.
    I really like the idea behind the first two quilts - lovely use of a variety of fabrics and the grey as a background is perfect.
    The chenille and panels quilts are perfect for younger boys. Lots of fun and interest.
    Great to see your early wonky logs. I can see why it is still special.
    I love the teddy and the crayon bags are a sure winner.
    Thank you, Pauline, for sharing so many wonderful ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Love the boys quilt with the gray background, and it photographed fantastically, despite the wind we've been having! And the chenille blanket is so cute. (I think I have some of that fabric. I'll have to finally make a chenille blanket.)

    ReplyDelete
  46. After seeing all these quilts I must go fabric shopping and get busy making some of them. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  47. Beautiful "boys" quilts (I'm sure Girls loves them too) The new quilt is awesome and the quilting looks great too.
    Thanks for sharing!
    Bente

    ReplyDelete
  48. All of your projects are wonderful, thanks for sharing Pauline.

    ReplyDelete
  49. Really nice boy items. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  50. I love all your quilts, but especially the wonky log cabin. And those crayon bags are fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  51. Where did you find the quilt stand?

    ReplyDelete