Monday, November 7, 2011

A Ghastlie project....

......I forgot to include in my 'parade of projects'. 
 The antique silk spool came from Bird Brain Designs. 
(just noticed they are out of stock, hopefully they will get them back in soon) 
It makes a perfect holder for my embroidery scissors....
I wrapped batting around the spool
then covered it with a scrap of Ghastlie fabric to make a pin cushion....
luv.....it.....it sits on the couch beside me...no more
hunting for my scissors!!
Vintage spool pin cushion

happy hugs



8 comments:

  1. Very cute! I think you did a wonderful job. :)

    Love the looks of it though!

    Gotta ask, is that a candle holder of some sort or am I way off? lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay another Ghastlie project! I was going through withdrawal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my stars how cute is that! I have an old spool too - I could copy you. :) blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that's a great piece. What an interesting spool shape! I will have to watch out for those when they come back in stock. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute and useful!! I still have some ghastlie scraps and I may figure out a way to make me a pincushion.
    Blessings
    Gmama Jane

    ReplyDelete
  6. How funny, maybe we should just keep going. I love that spool and what a good idea to wrap it for a pin cushion.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OHHHH wow Pauline..what a delightful treasure this is can't say I HAVE ever seen anything like it...ghastlie beautiful...

    ReplyDelete