Saturday, December 7, 2013

December Goal for A Lovely Year of Finishes...

I have sEw many UFO's...what will it be???  Today is the last day to sign up...I've decided it will be a quillow I started about 20 years ago.  The pocket was sewn but not quilted and the quilt, batting and backing have been pinned for a long time.  They must be good pins, they haven't rusted.  OK here is the quillow pocket before I decided to unstitch it...why you ask?

I've decided I didn't like the fabric I had originally picked for the backing.  It was a poly cotton blend...remember it was from about 20 years ago.  I  have unstitched the pocket and found a better backing which is 100% cotton.  I will also be changing the batting...I don't like that polyester batting...I'm off to join the linky party before they close the doors to get into the party.  

I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend!!  I've also been busy working on my Redwork Challenge projects.  I have finished 8 of the Santa's from this pattern.  Sorry no pictures yet...

'Here Comes Santa' pattern by Bird Brain Designs

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!!

Happy stitching,

5 comments:

  1. Boy that is an old UFO. I have only been quilting for five years so I do not have anything that old.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will sure be good to get something you started so many years ago finished! (I must confess, I have just tossed a few of those projects.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with your UFO. Isn't it interesting how our tastes have changed over the years, along with our knowledge and skills?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Quillows! I forgot about those....made those for everyone many,many Christmas ago! They are fun! (I would have changed the batting too...) Love that the pins are still in it...for some reason that cracked me up! Have a great week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love, love that rooster. :) But you know me - the redwork Santas just make me smile. :) I finished the last of the stitching on Twas The Night Before Christmas this week - 2 or 3 years after starting that one. Now to get the blocks made I'll have to do a bit of shopping! blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete