Tuesday, October 29, 2013

It's on the frame...

...and I am suppose to have this tumbler quilt finished by October 31...
I'm running out of time but I think I can still do it.
I linked up to A Lovely Year of Finishes the beginning of October
there is a link on my side bar and this is the quilt I said I would
finish by the end of the month.
I'm trying to finish up some of my UFO's.
Hopefully I will have the binding sewn on tomorrow and
 hand stitch it on Wednesday.

I got behind with everything...with severe back pains...
it started Thursday and I only started  feeling better on Sunday.
It was a pain I experienced about 20 years ago...when I had kidney stones.
I started drinking lots of water and cranberry juice...took some pain meds
and slept a lot and I am feeling much better today.
I hope you are having a fun time on the Wicked Blog Hop! 
There is sEw much inspiration and sEw many things I want to make.

Look who's flying on their brooms today...

Tuesday October 29th
The Quilting Queen Online Blog

Thank you to our sponsors for their generosity!
Wyndham Fabrics
Reliable Iron
and Bird Brain Designs.

I have 2 giveaways going on...
one HERE

the other HERE

Both giveaways end October 31.

Happy Haunting


  1. Your quilting is beautiful as is the quilt. I'm glad you are feeling better. I can tell when I get a kidney stone. I get sick, sick, sick. I not only hurt but I can't keep anything in my stomach. That's about the only time that happens. So, that's a giveaway. The first time I had one I had been to visit my daughter in college. I was working away from home and didn't start for our home or my home away from home. I kept putting it off. Then I knew I had to get back so I could go to work the next day. It's only about 15 miles to the Interstate. I got part way and went back to her place. When I drove up, she looked at me and asked what was wrong. I always have pain pills because I have migraines. That night I was sick. I went to a doctor where her university is and was diagnosed with an infection. Three days later I came home and it was a kidney stone. The machine at the hospital was broken and I had to wait three weeks for surgery. My doctor wouldn't let me go back to work because he didn't know where I might be when I tried to pass it. One ER doctor gave me Flomax (prostate med) and I passed the stone. It worked the next time, too. One of my meds is a culprit for causing kidney stones and I need it, so I'm in a catch-22. I hope you are feeling much, much better and your finish is complete by your deadline. The Great Physician is still in the miracle business.

  2. I hope you're feeling better soon!
    I've never had kidney stones but I gather they are really painful - take care!

  3. Such lovely colors in your quilt.

  4. Glad to hear you're feeling a bit better Pauline. I'm sure you'll get your quilt finished!

  5. The quilting is coming along great, I love the colors too. I love stitching down binding while watching tv, I find it relaxing.

  6. Is kidney stones going around? My son-in-law just had to have surgery... his was like a culcer-burr... and the lady that helps me in my home had to have surgery too... The same week...3 weeks ago...I hope you feel better soon.

  7. Glad you are feeling better!! Just take it easy and rest. I love the prints in that quilt on the frame, it is very pretty.

  8. I love the colors in your quilt and hope you will show us a picture of the finished quilt. I am so sorry you were in pain from kidney stones, I have heard they can be very painful so am glad you are feeling better.

  9. Good luck with completing the quilt and meeting your deadline.
    But more to the point, I hope you stay well. Look after yourself!

  10. Hey Pauline, hope you get it done in time.

  11. What year is your machine? It's the same green as mine, which is from 1954 :)

  12. Also, I hope you continue to feel better!