Saturday, December 24, 2011

Happy Holidays and a few last minute finishes........

PC240474

a couple of Dish Soap Aprons
by Camille Roskelley from Thimble Blossoms
It is a free tutorial on her blog 'Simplify'.
It was her project for the Moda Country Fair Blog Hop.
...adorable!!

the snowman embroidery is from
Bird Brain Designs's pattern
'Holiday Nine-Patch RedWork'



and I'll keep one for me

PC240473

Rylee's pillowcase and pillow

a pillow case and pillow for DGD Rylee Jane's bed.....
I used the fabrics to match her bed quilt
Snippets by American Jane.
The center of the pillow is an embroidery pattern by Tasha Noel. 
You can find her blog 'alittlesweetness' and Etsy shop HERE.
She has the sweetest patterns....
and
Leah's pillow

a toss pillow for DGD Leah's bed to go with the Wonky Log Cabin pillow
I finished last month....

Wonky Log Cabin Pillow

...made a hugh batch of  nuts and bolts. I used my
Mother-in-law's recipe with a few modifications.....
and a few old "Made in Canada" Crown canning jars.
The dates stamped on the bottom of the jar are all in the early 50's.
Thanks Mom...luv the jars they make great containers.

Jars of nuts and bolts

I've still got a few WIP's (Works in Progress) but not needed for
Christmas gifts.

WIP's

The tea towels are traced with the free pattern by Bird Brain Designs,
the small table mat is an iron on transfer and
the redwork embroidery is the centre of another pillow.
The embroidery pattern is available at 'alittlesweetness'.
Check out her Etsy shop, it is full of sweetness.....(o:

....but I'm still working on a Christmas gift....  
...a quilted teddy bear for my DGS, Kyler.
There is no picture yet and I will not be seeing him until sometime on Monday
so I think I can do this......I'm going to work on it now.....it's about half finished.



Wishing you and your families
the Merriest Christmas with family, friends, good food and laughter.....
the warmth and goodwill of the season....

and a new year filled with good health and happiness.

hugs





10 comments:

  1. You shared some wonderful things in this post. Thank you! I love the little soap aprons. I will have to make one for my secret santa - for next year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas.

    Do you see what we see....a teddy bear. Yippee.

    Hugs,
    All of Us

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas to one of my favorite bloggers! May God send you much joy in the new year. blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww the little aprons are so cute! Merry Christmas to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many lovely goodies. They all look great. Good luck with the last finish.
    We have just wound down after a lovely Christmas day with family. Now ready for a good sleep.
    Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all the red work! I will learn that this year (Have to repeat to myself.. I will learn this year because I love the days of the week towles) Merry Christmas! And a blessed day to you and yours!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. you are sooooo dang inspiring! Hope your day was wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. All of these projects are super cute. I love the dish soap aprons. How festive! The pillows are gorgeous and the red work pieces are fabulous.

    Enjoy your holidays :)

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  9. I found your bLog through Google Images and I am in love with the pillow with the sweet red embroidery! Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete