Sunday, January 31, 2016

My OMG Is ready to share...

and I love it!!!
 Mr QnQ has a small Coke collection...and yes, he loves it too.
Here is the before picture.
It was a sad sight, but after some TLC
...it's a vintage stool made new...we love the new look!!
I hand quilted the coke fabric...
it was so easy...no marking, just stitched around the squares.
Originally I thought I would use black and white gingham vinyl,
but I went with plan B.
I have another chair I want to refresh...
hopefully I will have another finish soon with the
the black and white gingham.


Happy stitching

9 comments:

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Cute stool. We were laughing today, we have one of those old type stools, and even though there are 3 bar stools in the house they always grab the old one to use and fight over it.

Quiltsmiles said...

Sweet Stool, congratulations on getting it done. Don't you just love the incentive that Heidi is hosting this OMG! Love the detail you improved on the foot step area too.

Heidi said...

So cool that you've quilted the seat! A glorious makeover, congrats!

Maria said...

The stool looks wonderful, Pauline!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

How cute! I hadn't thought of hand quilting the fabric for a seat.

allthingzsewn said...

Turn out adorable, Like the way you staged it too. I still have my mom's old step up stool. This has given me food for thought.... Thank for sharing your finish.

Raewyn said...

Wonderful transformation! Well done on a brilliant start to your OMG year :-)

Karen S said...

Lovely finish. Great choice of fabric. What a lovely way to use it!

Mdm Samm said...

oh my I love these stools, you made old look so good....love the idea of quilted all around the coke...what a nostalgic project.

Post a Comment