Monday, November 30, 2015

A few November finishes...

I had some tea toweling by the yard and 
thought it was time to cut them into tea towel lengths, 
hem them and 
add some embroidery and crochet edgings...
The snowmen a Bird Brain Designs Pattern #699
Snowmen by the Dozen.
I'm not sure where I got the kitten design...
I've had it for years.

and another one...
This Snowgal is 1 of 2 Bird Brain Designs found in the
Winter issue of Quilts and More magazine.
I used an Aunt Martha tea towel.
Wish I could find my magazine...I was hoping to stitch a few more.
I have been searching my house for 3 days...
I don't know where else to look.  
I'll keep looking for another few days...
if I can't find it I'll have to buy another copy.

Some of the toweling didn't have plain areas to add embroidery,
but they do have a crochet edging.

I completed my ALYOF November goal...
The ZEN pattern was in the February 2009 issue of 
American Patchwork and Quilting magazine.  
 It is a quick and easy quilt to make.
ZEN #2

ZEN #1

7 comments:

KaHolly said...

I love your quilt! Congrats on accomplishing your Nov. goal! Sweet hand towels, too.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Cute tea towels.

Maria said...

You certainly achieved a lot in November, Pauline! Love the stitchery designs on the tea towels...very cute! The Zen quilt looks wonderful...you've used lovely fabrics there...very striking!

Karen S said...

As always, these are wonderful finishes. The tea towels do look wonderful with the embroideries and crochet edges. Too good to use!
And a lovely finish with the quilt.
Good luck finding the magazine. Have you packed it in a box for moving?

Anna said...

do you finish off the back of the stitching on your tea towels? my stitching isn't so great and I wondered how to hide the stitching?

SuperMomNoCape said...

Your embroidered tea towels are all such fun!

The kitten design is a Workbasket pattern. In fact, I'm going to be sharing the entire kitten DOW on my blog some time in the new year. I've stitched the Sewing Kitten but haven't done the other ones yet.

Thanks for linking up to last week's Stitchery Link Party and for linking back with the party button. Aloha hugs!

Mdm Samm said...

hi Pauline..such sweet designs....always so inspiring..ps....ornament ???? will you be showing it

Post a Comment