Saturday, July 14, 2012

FNSI results...

...I stitched 2 more Great Granny squares....I had only enough background fabric to make 9 blocks.   Since I ran out of background fabric I will have to add corner stones to the outer border....just not enough background fabric...I think it looks OK and I still have to sew the 2.5" outer border to the quilt top.  I would have added a wider border had I had more of the background fabric.  The quilt will finish around 46" x 46".  



In stead of finishing the borders I decided to do some embroidery....Christmas Prayer Redwork by Bird Brain Designs.  




Embroidery from FNSI
I did more stitching on Saturday...I'd say it is more than half stitched now.

I worked on the angel block Friday night, still have
the angel's hair to stitch.

I called it a night just after midnight...my eyes were tired.  Hope everyone got lots of stitching done last night. 


hugs and happy stitching

Pauline

16 comments:

  1. Love your granny square top! And your stitching is so cute! :-) Have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Great Granny quilt is going to be fantastic, and I just love the redwork. Definitely looks like you had a great FNSI!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those Great Grannies are gorgeous! I'm resisting the temptation to start another project but my will power is fading.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These blocks do look good all together. That's not a bad size for a lap or wall quilt.
    And of course I love the stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your great granny squares look awesome! Love the red, white and blue.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your quilt a lot just the way it is.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like your grannies! I had admired your blocks, but the quilt is a winner ~
    :-}pokey

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pauline I love your grannies - I want to make some but don't have the stuff here at the mission to do it. That's going in my to-do stack when I get home. :) I haven't seen that Bird Brain pattern before but it's another great one. I've done all their Santa/Angel stocking patterns except the newest one and have loved them. Their stuff is just so awesome! blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not so much finished on Friday night here. But I did finish the apron I was working on later Saturday afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your quilt is looking lovely Pauline.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Turned out wonderfully, what a fun stitchery...will it be done by Christmas? Just asking?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loved your red work!! Your quilt top looks beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that Granny Squares quilt! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous granny squares quilt!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great Granny Squares, I just love them.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful granny squares and I love your embroidery!

    ReplyDelete