Saturday, April 23, 2016

A bit of sewing and lots of cleaning...

First the fun part...a bit of sewing.

I finished three more Tammy Bag Sewing kits...
I really can't pick a favorite....I love them all.
The Tammy Bag pattern is by Mdm Samm.
 The embroidery is from the Stitcher's Alphabet pattern 
designed by Michelle Ridgway.  
Her pattern company is Rag-Tag Stitchin'.
Live Laugh Love is a free Bird Brain Design pattern at Lecien
designed by Robin Kingsley
and another alphabet design by Michelle Ridgway 

Now... the not so fun time I'm having....
We've had our house up for sale since February 1st.
We've had 53 showings so far, with two more today, 
plus 2 open houses, both in February.
Everyone expected our house would be sold in a couple of days.
We did too as it is priced less than we paid for it 13 years ago,
and we have put at least $100,000 into it since then.

We had hoped to be moved back to Canada by April 26th...
which was when our green cards were expiring.

We had to go to plan B...
we renewed our green cards, 
and we changed the kitchen counters.

The before...
and after.  I never liked the purple either.
Our agent called on Tuesday.
There are 2 families interested in the house.  He said
we should expect an offer, maybe two, on Thursday...
no offer so far and it is Saturday.  
Our 90 day contract is over on April 30th, 7 days from today.
If we don't get a reasonable offer before that we will
take the house off the market...take some time off
plant some flowers, have a garage sale 
and relist again sometime before July 1.
I'm so frustrated...

After all, with our renewed green cards 
we could stay for another 10 years,,, 
but we both agree that it is time to return home
...to Canada and spend more time with our families.
The good thing is that there is no real urgency to sell now.

I'm linking to Finish it up Friday with crazy mom quilts.
and to Stitchery Link Party #54 with Super Mom - No Cape


Have a wonderful weekend everyone!!

Happy stitching



11 comments:

Sandi said...

Selling houses can be a challenge, but fingers crossed the right people come thru and make you a great offer!

An acquaintance of mine listed her house and had something like 80 people come thru but only had one offer! She sold it below the listing as she wanted a certain condo.

Another friend sold her home and is now renting as she can't find the perfect place to move into.

I'm sure you will soon be back home in Canada.

Love all the sets you've been stitching Pauline!

Judy said...

My daughter had her heart set on a house, in Texas. She gave over the asking and I prayed. Another, higher offer was accepted. She is so disappointed. As I read last night I found this quote from the Psalms: Wait on the Lord: br of good courage, and He shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord. Psalms 27:14. So as sad or frustrated as it may be, give it to the Lord. He has the shoulders to carry your load. I will pray for you. I have enjoyed your posts. Blessings to you.

Createology said...

Your sewing gifts and Tammy bags are precious. I am sorry your house is not selling as you had hoped. I understand your desire to get back home to be near family. Blessings...

Michelle Ridgway said...

I feel for you Pauline....very disappointing for you. Fingers crossed for a sale soon. Love your little sets and as always thrilled you used my letters xx

Heidi said...

Your Tammy bags are beautiful, I always admire your photography. Good Luck with your home - our counters are pink! We will probably not change until it is time to list, lol!

Mary said...

Pauline, good luck on the selling. I will keep my fingers crossed. Your Tammy Bags and whole Sewing Kit are adorable. You do such beautiful embroidery. Have a great week.

gpc said...

Your house is beautiful, surely the right buyer will come along soon! I am getting ready to list my house and trust me, yours is the better bargain, lol, so maybe I will also be staying in place for a long time to come. :)

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

So sorry about the house. It took us 8.5 months to get a contract on our last house, then, after we had a contract on this house, the one on our home fell thru. We only got about 30 showings in all those months. The next contract was pretty quick, but, paperwork was really slow. Everything was finally settled, just a few days before I was going to have to make 2 house payments at one time. Things normally pick up towards the end of school, since people with families want to move over the summer.

SuperMomNoCape said...

I wouldn't be able to pick a favorite either. Your Tammy Bags are gorgeous! I love that you've turned them into sewing kits.

Thanks so much for linking up to last week's Stitchery Link Party and for linking back! Aloha hugs!

I do hope that everything works out for you in the very best way possible with the sale of your home and move back to Canada.

Karen S said...

First up, your Tammy Bags are lovely. I am not playing favourites either. They are all great. I still get lots of use out of mine and love the extras like the little scrap collector. Beautiful work as always.
After all the work you have done it is so frustrating to still have not sold your house. Sometimes it just makes no sense.
I understand you choosing to take it off the market and have a break. You deserve that.
And the new bench tops do look lovely.

Carol S. said...

Wow! Your Tammy Bags and sewing accessories are so beautiful! We gave up selling our house for a while. It was so stressful to have lots of people look but no buyers. Great idea fix up the kitchen...looks great!

Post a Comment