Thursday, July 30, 2015

July's Finish for ALYoF....

I did it...July's goal accomplished!!!
This month has gone by so quickly...
on Tuesday I started my July goal...whew...got it done!!

My July goal was to make a quilt top for my great nephew.
The baby's name was going to be Charles or Cameron...

I already had the medium quatrefoil in navy and
the white background fabric with the letters of the alphabet.
Early in the month I decided to order a FQ bundle
of Riley Blake's mini Quatrefoil for the front.
The FQ bundle had six great colors for a 'boy' quilt.

I had a few designs in mind but kept changing the design.
I wanted it to have a modern feel and keep it simple.
I think we accomplished it...DH played with EQ7 
and this is what we both liked best.
 The quilt back will be the larger navy Quatrefoil.  
The binding will be scrappy, using the 6 different colors.
I'm anxious to quilt and bind it...
but it will have to wait...

We are having family visiting from Canada for the weekend,
so the quilting and binding will get done in August.

I'm linking to
 July's Finishing Party hosted by Shanna and Melissa #42

Happy stitching...have a wonderful weekend!!

5 comments: