Thursday, May 7, 2015

May's goal for A Lovely Year of Finishes...

I almost forgot to post my May goal for ALYoF....
I've made progress on my batik quilt, the quilting is completed so...
my May goal is have it bound and gifted.
As time permits
I would also like to make some progress on my Hands2Help quilt.
A quilt top flimsy would be good...
having it quilted and bound would be awesome!!
I will be using a Bear Country School layer cake and charm pack by Moda.
All I've done so far is matched a layer cake with a charm pack.
I'm sure I will move a few around.  
I will be using a folded square-in-a square block to make the quilt.
The 2 quilts below are donation quilts...
the one on the right is for the Relay for Life 
held next week in Canton Michigan.
It measures 50" x 60".

The multi colored one is 48" x 54".
I used the folded square-in-a square block to make both quilts.


I'm linking to Melissa and Shanna

Happy Stitching!!




6 comments:

  1. Lots of lovely donation quilts. The batik is pretty, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty quilts. Love the movement in the squares. Now I have to go look up the pattern for the folded square in a square block.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such great projects and so wonderful of you to support the charities.

    ReplyDelete
  4. and May is still here so you made it...very pretty indeed

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! Now on to June's!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck meeting your goals.
    I do like the fabrics you have selected for the H2H quilt. Great combination.
    And the two donation quilts are lovely. Such fresh colours. I am hoping this photo means some lovely weather is around for you now?
    I need to check the folded square method you mentioned.

    ReplyDelete