Sunday, September 14, 2014

Blog hopping catch up day and a vintage find...

I am finally caught up reading and commenting
on the "See you in September Blog Hop".

I feel like I cheated when I visited Mme Samm's pinterest page...
before I read all the blogs.
Wow...there is some awesome RBD gingham goodies
included in all the summer sewing projects!!
For sure I knew I had to go and read all the postings!!
I'm happy to say...I did it
and after leaving everyone comments, I am blurry eyed but
so inspired!!

On one of our visits to Canada this past summer we took the
scenic route home and stopped at a few antique shops.
This is one find that I couldn't pass up...
a child's ironing board.
It is very sturdy and folds flat.
 Here it is again
...the cover is a wee bit grungy...
maybe a lot grungy, definitely needs refreshing!!
I am going to make it 'happy' with some RBD gingham.
I want to be able to use the ironing board 
beside my sewing machine.  It is the perfect height.
I vision a cheery, bright gingham one...
probably with a bit of embroidery...something like this.
What do you think?  
I have some medium red and some large yellow gingham, 
but I'm thinking I NEED some small aqua gingham...
before it is retired.

Thanks for stopping for a visit!!


12 comments:

Dora, the Quilter said...

Love the ironing board. I had a similar wooden board when I was a child--with a wooden iron. I'm so glad you have one and can use it by your machine!

Karen said...

What a wonderful find. Well spotted!

Carla said...

I think that will be perfect. Such a great find and you will make it so sweet.

Heleen Groot said...

More gingham! Aqua would be the perfect choice. I do love the yellow in your picture too. Congratulations on that find. It will work beautifully by your machine. I bet you will giggle every time you use it!

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

I think aqua would be perfect. What a sweet little ironing board.

Mary Pat Callihan said...

Can't wait to see the finished project!

Lorna McMahon said...

That ironing board is super cute! Can't wait to see what you make for a new cover. The gingham sounds delightful!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

That is perfect!

Michele said...

Oh so cute and I totally agree with your Aqua choice.

Annemariesquilt said...

Hi, I am just stopping by to let you know that I have made your Pinwheel quilt at Moda Bakeshop.
You can see it in my latest post on my blog.
Thank you so much for a fun and easy project !

Carol said...

That is just the cutest ironing board! I've become quite the fan of aqua gingham, so I think that would look awesome on that sweet thing!

Linda said...

LOVE the little ironing board! What a great find!

Post a Comment